What is two21?
two21 is an independent communications consultancy providing creative content, advocacy and strategic communications to organizations and initiatives focused on sustainability.
two21 is fixated on the point at which good things culminate; where sustainability issues meet and strive to create a better, brighter future; where ecological, environmental, energy and conservation issues connect with the built environment, a healthier society and quality education.
Who is two21?
Ryan has a wealth of experience in public relations and marketing communications within a variety of industries. He has worked for agencies large and small and on the client side for global corporations, start-ups, industry associations, not-for-profits, healthcare providers, natural and organic food grocers, and local government.
Ryan became an independent practitioner in 2008 providing writing, advocacy, communications strategy and public relations services. In 2010, he renamed his business two21 LLC (read about the name change).
Over the past decade, Ryan has become increasingly involved and interested in sustainability, social justice and community development. This is an area of passion for him, both professionally and personally. On environmental issues, Ryan walks the walk and understands how eco-conscious consumers and business think.
Ryan will help you craft your sustainability messages in a way that will resonate with your supporters and entice the skeptics.
Ryan is heavily involved in the Greater Indianapolis community with organizations related to sustainability and communications and is an occasional guest speaker on these topics.
- He writes a regular column – The Great Green Hope – for Indyhub, a not-for-profit organization energizing young professionals in Indianapolis.
- He is a past board member of the Public Relations Society of America Hoosier Chapter, serving as treasurer, director of communications and newsletter editor.
- Ryan also is a founding member of the steering committee for The Nature Conservancy of Indiana’s Generation Conservation (Gen-C) group and on the promotions committee for Dig-IN~A Taste of Indiana.
- He is engaged advocate for improving mass transit in Central Indiana and member of the speakers bureau for IndyConnect, Central Indiana’s regional transportation initiative.
- He has volunteered with Keep Indianapolis Beautiful as a blogger and as official tweeter for events such as Dig-IN~A Taste of Indiana and Zoobilation.
- He is a member of the Lacy Leadership Association and graduate of Opportunity Indianapolis 2011. He currently is involved with LLA’s Urban Living Cadre.
- As a freelance writer, he has written feature stories for magazines such as Indiana Living Green and Environmental Design + Construction.
Ryan has a bachelor’s in marketing from Indiana University in Bloomington, Ind., and a master’s in integrated marketing communications (with a focus on public relations) from Northwestern University in Evanston, Ill.
What’s in a name?
If you’re wondering where the name two21 comes from, Ryan would be happy to get together with you and explain! It has something to do with a popular comedy from the mid-1980s. You can also check out this blog post on the naming of two21 for an explanation.
Find out what Ryan’s clients and colleagues have to say about his work in the Testimonials section.